Skip to main content

Make a complaint

If you are unhappy with our service

We strive to do everything we can to ensure things run smoothly but regrettably there may be times when you feel you do not receive the service you expect from Quilter. If you have a complaint please contact us.

Customer Complaints Manager
SR43 4JP

Tel: 0808 171 2626

If you are writing to us or contacting us by telephone, it would be helpful if you could provide the relevant policy or account number(s). In all cases, please provide as much information as possible to help us understand your concerns and to assist us with our investigation.

Please note that if your complaint is about the advice you have been given, such as the funds you have invested in or the way in which a product was sold to you, you should direct it to your financial adviser.


What you can expect from us

We aim to acknowledge receipt of a complaint, in writing, within five working days of it being received. Where applicable, under the rules of our regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority, we must fully investigate and respond to complaints within eight weeks of receipt. However, in all cases we aim to do better than this and address your concerns fully at the earliest opportunity and we will contact you again as soon as we are in a position to do so.

Please be aware that more complex complaints may take longer to resolve but we will keep you informed of our progress and give you an indication of when you can expect a final response.

Please be assured that your feedback is welcomed. In our efforts to continually improve the service we provide, we take all complaints seriously, and seek to learn from them.


If you are not happy with the outcome

If your complaint is not dealt with to your satisfaction, you may, where applicable, be able to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). We will let you know if this is the case. The complaint must have been considered by Quilter first, before the Financial Ombudsman Service will consider it.

The Financial Ombudsman Service
Exchange Tower
E14 9SR

Tel: 0300 123 9123

If you disagree with the decision the FOS makes, your complaint could be pursued as a civil matter through the courts. We would recommend seeking legal advice before taking such action.

If your complaint is about the way in which we have administered your pension, you may be able to refer your case to The Pensions Ombudsman as an alternative, depending on the circumstances. We will let you know if this is the case.

Again, we must have considered your complaint first, before The Pensions Ombudsman will consider it.

The Pensions Ombudsman
10 South Colonnade
Canary Wharf
E14 4PU

Tel: 0800 9174487


Other organisations that can help

The Money and Pensions Service (MaPS)

MaPS is an arm's-length body sponsored by the Department for Work and Pensions.

Their service, MoneyHelper, provides free and impartial money and pensions guidance for people across the UK, backed by the government.


Pensions guidance: 0800 011 3797
Money guidance: 0800 138 7777

Complaints publication reporting

View our complaints publication reports to see how many complaints we've had and how we put things right.

View reports