At Quilter we respect your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal data. We want to help ensure that you're doing everything you can to stay safe, especially when dealing with your finances.
Staying safe from scams
Here are some tips to help you stay safe from scams:
- beware of all unexpected calls, emails and text messages
- a genuine bank or organisation will not ask for your PIN, full password or to move money to another account
- never give out your personal or financial details unless it’s for a service you want to use, and where you trust the provider
- don’t be pressured into acting quickly – a genuine bank or financial services firm won’t mind giving you time to think
- always double-check the web link and company contact details in case it’s a ‘clone firm’ pretending to be a real firm
- if you get an email, expand the pane at the top of the message and see exactly who it has come from – if it’s a scam, the email address of the sender may be filled with random numbers or be misspelled
- beware that fraudsters can ‘clone’ these email addresses to make their emails seem genuine
Your provider may want to inform you of changes to your financial product or service. If you have any doubts at all about what you are being asked to do, check with your provider. Always use contact details you can trust, for example the phone number on your bank statement or policy documentation.
Find out more
Click on the links below to read more advice which could help prevent identity crime, protect against the possibility of fraud, and handy tips for improving your internet security.