Certain sections of the Website contain information on Quilter Investors products and services (“QI Pages”). Unless otherwise stated, the content for the QI Pages is issued by Quilter Investors both inside and outside the United Kingdom.
Quilter Investors is the trading name of Quilter Investors Limited. Quilter Investors Limited, Senator House, 85 Queen Victoria Street, London, EC4V 4AB, is registered in England and Wales (number: 04227837) and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN: 208543) (“Quilter Investors”, “we” or “us”).
The following Additional Terms apply to the QI Pages.
The QI Pages may include information about the following funds:
UK Domiciled Funds:
Quilter Investors is the authorised corporate director, manager or alternative investment fund manager of certain UK domiciled funds.
Irish Domiciled Funds:
Quilter Investors is the appointed investment adviser and distributor of the following sub-funds of Quilter Investors ICAV:
- Quilter Investors Compass 3 Portfolio
- Quilter Investors Compass 4 Portfolio
- Quilter Investors Compass 5 Portfolio
Quilter Investors ICAV is an Irish collective asset-management vehicle constituted as an umbrella fund with segregated liability between sub-funds with registration number C185065 and authorised by the Central Bank pursuant to the UCITS Regulations on 14 February 2019. Its registered office is: 32 Molesworth Street, Dublin 2, Ireland.
Quilter Investors is not regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
The Singapore QI Pages are only available to institutional investors (as defined in the Securities and Futures Act, Chapter 289 of Singapore) in Singapore and are not intended for use or to be accessed by any other type of investor.
An “institutional investor” means:
- the Government of Singapore;
- a statutory board as may be prescribed by regulations made under section 341 of the Securities and Futures Act;
- an entity that is wholly and beneficially owned, whether directly or indirectly, by a central government of a country and whose principal activity is —
(A) to manage its own funds;
(B) to manage the funds of the central government of that country (which may include the reserves of that central government and any pension or provident fund of that country); or
(C) to manage the funds (which may include the reserves of that central government and any pension or provident fund of that country) of another entity that is wholly and beneficially owned, whether directly or indirectly, by the central government of that country;
- any entity —
(A) that is wholly and beneficially owned, whether directly or indirectly, by the central government of a country; and
(B) whose funds are managed by an entity mentioned in (3);
- a central bank in a jurisdiction other than Singapore;
- a central government in a country other than Singapore;
- an agency (of a central government in a country other than Singapore) that is incorporated or established in a country other than Singapore;
- a multilateral agency, international organisation or supranational agency as may be prescribed by regulations made under section 341 of the Securities and Futures Act;
- a bank that is licensed under the Banking Act (Chap. 19);
- a merchant bank that is licensed under the Banking Act;
- a finance company that is licensed under the Finance Companies Act (Chap. 108);
- a company or co-operative society that is licensed under the Insurance Act (Chap. 142) to carry on insurance business in Singapore;
- a company licensed under the Trust Companies Act (Chap. 336);
- a holder of a capital markets services licence;
- an approved exchange;
- a recognised market operator;
- an approved clearing house;
- a recognised clearing house;
- a licensed trade repository;
- a licensed foreign trade repository;
- an approved holding company;
- a Depository as defined in section 81SF of the Securities and Futures Act;
- an entity or a trust formed or incorporated in a jurisdiction other than Singapore, which is regulated for the carrying on of any financial activity in that jurisdiction by a public authority of that jurisdiction that exercises a function that corresponds to a regulatory function of the Authority under this Act, the Banking Act (Chap. 19), the Finance Companies Act (Chap. 108), the Monetary Authority of Singapore Act (Chap. 186), the Insurance Act (Chap. 142), the Trust Companies Act (Chap. 336) or such other Act as may be prescribed by regulations made under section 341 of the Securities and Futures Act ;
- a pension fund or Collective Investment Scheme;
- a person (other than an individual) who carries on the business of dealing in bonds with Accredited Investors or expert investors;
- the trustee of such trust as the Monetary Authority of Singapore may prescribe, when acting in that capacity; or
- such other person as the Monetary Authority of Singapore may prescribe. The current list of prescribed persons under the Securities and Futures (Classes of Investors) Regulations 2018 are:
- a designated market-maker;
- a headquarters company or Finance and Treasury Centre which carries on a class of business involving fund management, where such business has been approved as a qualifying service in relation to that headquarters company or Finance and Treasury Centre under Section 43E(2)(a) or 43G(2)(a) of the Income Tax Act, as the case may be;
- a person resident in Singapore who undertakes fund management activity (whether in Singapore or elsewhere) on behalf of not more than 30 qualified investors; and
- a Service Company which carries on business as an agent of a member of Lloyd’s;
- a corporation the entire share capital of which is owned by an institutional investor or by persons all of whom are institutional investors;
- a partnership (other than a limited liability partnership within the meaning of the Limited Liability Partnerships Act (Chap. 163A)) in which each partner is an institutional investor.
The QI Pages have not been reviewed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
The Singapore QI Pages include information about the following sub-funds of Quilter Investors ICAV:
- Quilter Investors Compass 3 Portfolio
- Quilter Investors Compass 4 Portfolio
- Quilter Investors Compass 5 Portfolio
Important Legal Information
The information on the QI Pages is approved for publication by Quilter Investors and may include information about funds managed by Quilter Investors.
The information on the QI Pages is not for use within any country or jurisdiction or with any persons where such use would constitute a violation of law. The presentation of Quilter Investors products and services on the QI Pages as well as the dissemination of the given information may depend on local regulation. There is no intention to offer, sell or market products or services in countries or jurisdictions where such offer or sale would be unlawful under the relevant domestic law. Investors must inform themselves about the laws which are in force in their jurisdiction. Funds mentioned on the QI Pages are only available in jurisdictions where promotion and sales of their shares is permitted.
By proceeding to access the information on the QI Pages (both now and subsequently), you are deemed to be representing, warranting, acknowledging and agreeing that the applicable laws and regulations in your jurisdiction allow you to do so and that you have read, understood, agreed to and will comply with the terms and conditions set out in these Additional Terms.
None of the funds managed by Quilter Investors are registered as an investment company in the United States under the U.S. Investment Company Act of 1940, as amended, and their shares are not registered under the U.S. Securities Act of 1933, as amended (“Securities Act”). Shares are not available for purchase by “US Persons” as that term is defined under Regulation S of the Securities Act.
The information on the QI Pages is not directed at any US Person. By proceeding you confirm that you are not a US Person. The QI Pages are reserved exclusively for non-US persons and should not be accessed by anyone in the United States.
In case of doubt, a “US Person” is:
(A) any natural person resident in the United States ("US"); or
(B) a corporation or partnership incorporated or organised in the US, but excluding an offshore branch or agency of a US person that operates for valid business reasons and is engaged and regulated as an insurance company or bank; or
(C) a branch or agency of a foreign entity located in the US; or
(D) a trust of which the trustee is a US person, unless a non-US person has or shares investment discretion; or
(E) an estate of which a US person is the executor or administrator, unless the estate is governed by foreign law and a non-US person has or shares investment discretion; or
(F) a non-discretionary account held for the benefit of a US person; or
(G) a discretionary account held by a US dealer or fiduciary, unless held for the benefit of a non-US person; or
(H) any entity organised or incorporated for the purposes of evading US securities laws.
No Investment Advice
Nothing on the QI Pages should be construed as investment advice by Quilter Investors or any other regulated activity. An investment in a fund may not be suitable for all investors and should only be made on the basis of the Key Investor Information Document (KIID), the prospectus and other documentation governing that fund, which may be obtained free of charge on the QI Pages. The QI Pages are not a substitute for independent professional advice and users of the QI Pages should obtain appropriate professional advice relevant to their particular circumstances prior to making any investment decisions. The QI Pages must not be relied on in connection with any investment decision.
We use data from certain third parties in our publications and communications. You should read and understand the following important information, which has been provided by the third parties: www.quilter.com/third-party-data
General Risk Warnings
The fund prices on the QI Pages are indicative only and should not be relied on for dealing purposes. You should be aware that this information has not been audited or verified by an independent party.
The QI Pages may include forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are typically identified by terminology such as “may”, “should”, “will”, “expects”, “anticipates”, “plans”, “intends”, “believes”, “estimates”, “projects”, “predicts”, “seeks”, “potential”, “continue” or other similar terminology or by discussion of strategy, plans, objectives, goals, future events or intentions. Any such forward-looking statement is based on Quilter Investor’s expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections about future events at the date of publication. Actual outcomes are subject to numerous risks and uncertainties that could cause them to differ materially from those expressed in a forward-looking statement. Given these inherent risks and uncertainties, you should not rely on forward-looking statements. Quilter Investors has no obligation to update or otherwise revise any forward-looking statements to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events or for any other reason.
The value of investments and any income from them may go down as well as up and investors may get back less than the amount originally invested. Past performance is not a guide to future performance. Fluctuations in exchange rates may affect the value of an investment and any income derived from it. Certain investments, in particular emerging markets, involve an above-average degree of risk and should be seen as long-term in nature.
The list of risk factors is not exhaustive and you should refer also to the relevant fund’s Key Investor Information Document (KIID) and prospectus for additional risk factors pertaining to that investment or relevant sub-fund. Please note that Quilter Investors will not regard any user of the QI Pages as its client for regulatory purposes merely because such user has visited or used the QI Pages and will not owe any duties to any such user in accordance with the provisions of applicable laws and regulations that regulate the relationship between an authorised investment firm and its clients.
If you are a Quilter Investors client with a specific question about Quilter Investors products or services, please contact our client services team at www.quilter.com/support-help/contact-us/contact-quilter-investors/