The following guidelines are aimed at maintaining a quality environment for all social media users engaging with Quilter. They apply to any content that relates to the Quilter brand, our products, initiatives and services, as well as breaking company news. We'll never ask you for personal data on social media so make sure you never post any personal information about yourself or others, such as account details or contact details.
By using or accessing Quilter social media channels, you agree to comply with the channel’s own terms and conditions. We welcome open conversations and honest feedback from everyone. Opinions published on social media other than by official Quilter spokespeople do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Quilter, accordingly Quilter makes no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that opinions published on social media are accurate or valid.
While we want to be as helpful as we can, we cannot provide investment, legal, tax, or other specialist advice on social media, so please don’t post about your specific situation.
We reserve the right to moderate posts that break our below guidelines, are offensive, incoherent or lacking in relevance, and to block anyone who repeatedly posts comments that break the below guidelines. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any social media channels, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any social media channels by a user in contravention of our below guidelines, whether the social media channel is moderated or not.
The following is not permitted on our Quilter social media channels, and may be moderated by Quilter:
- Abusing, harassing, stalking, threatening or attacking others
- Using language, that is defamatory, offensive, obscene, vulgar or violent, or depicting anything of this nature
- Hateful language, targeting race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexuality, disability, age, nationality or political beliefs
- Content that is fraudulent, deceptive, misleading or unlawful
- Trolling or deliberate disruption of discussions
- Violations of any intellectual property rights (including but not limited to copyright, database rights and trademarks)
- Spamming in nature
- Uploading files that contain viruses or programs that could damage the operation of other computers
- Giving the impression that the post emanates from Quilter, if this is not the case
- Commercial solicitation or donations
- Link baiting (embedding a link in your post to draw traffic to your own site)
- Posting any advertisements or solicitations for your own business or third parties.