The investment industry can have a positive influence in the management of environmental, social and governance issues that can impact the long-term investment returns upon which savers rely for their financial security in retirement. At the same time we need to create a more inclusive industry which embraces diversity and attracts the best skills and talent available. As with all businesses we also need to continually seek ways to reduce the direct and indirect impacts of our activity on the environment.
- Over 2,300 signatories managing over $86 trillion have committed to the Principles for Responsible Investment
- There are just 6 female CEOs in the FTSE100, and 8 in the FTSE250 (As at Oct 2018)
- Just 4% of UK fund assets are managed exclusively by women fund managers
- The average mean pay gap for investment management is 31%, only topped by banking
- The UK’ is the first major economy to set a legal target of net zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050