An inclusive culture
We aim to foster an inclusive culture which encourages diverse perspectives, ensuring everyone’s contribution is valued and all colleagues can fulfil their potential irrespective of their age, gender, ethnicity, disability, religion, sexual orientation, and educational or social background. We believe this is good for our people, attracts talent and helps us deliver better products and services for customers; ultimately helping us to build a sustainable business for the future.
The CEO of Quilter is the executive sponsor for inclusion and diversity, and the Executive Committee takes collective responsibility, with inclusion and diversity incorporated into their personal objectives.
We have an active programme of work to continually improve our approach by fostering an inclusive culture, attracting diverse talent, measuring progress over time and working with others in the industry.
Fostering an inclusive culture
- We aim to build employee awareness of inclusion and diversity, including potential for unconscious bias, through training and through our employee diversity network.
- We will embed flexibility deeper into our culture by promoting our flexible working policies and supporting managers.
Attracting diverse talent
- We aim to attract diverse talent by using a variety of recruitment tools and channels.
- We have adopted a diverse short-list policy for recruitment which we operate on a ‘comply or explain’ basis.
Measuring performance and progress
- We are enhancing diversity monitoring of applicants and our existing colleagues.
- A priority for us is the gender composition of senior management. As such we have set ourselves a target to achieve 35-40% female representation within senior management* by the end of 2020.
* Senior Leadership Community